Discovering me

This week has been the first "dull" week here in Stuttgart. On Wednesday I was thinking that "I havent done anything special this week". I only went to work in the morning, came back in the evening, ate and took a shower, went to bed. End of story.


So this was my first week working here in Stuttgart, in the travelling agency at the airport. First day was ok, I was observing my co-worker and her work and I even got to use the reservation system later that day. But that was only the first day. She told me that tomorrow we will be going to different office, that handles the customers via phone and email, I thought that I will surely get more work there, because I can take english customers via email easily.

I was wrong, so wrong.

In the upstairs where we went on the next day, Tuesday, they only used Amadeus as a reservation system, that is not teached in our school and is rather hard to "guess" how to use it, as it works via codes.
First day in the new office, I was just sitting there like a bozo for 8 hours doing nothing, surfing in the internet and I felt myself so useless, but still, it wasnt the company's fault because they didnt know that I couldnt use that system.



The problem is coming from the school, they have not informed the students or the workplaces well enough. And it wasnt so fun when you have to come there everyday, just to do nothing.
The company itself was awesome, I mean the spirit in the office was just great, and I liked that first they spoke english to me because my german is not so great, but when they noticed I can understand, they spoke german.

I've realized that I love to see the sun go down

I'd always liked to work on airport for some weird reason, and now when I was working there, I really liked it. It was so thrustraiting to hear the "I'm sorry we dont have anything you can do", from my boss because the fault is not his or mine, but still we are the ones that have to deal with it. Since it was an holiday week here in Germany, only thing I could do in the workplace is to go there each day with "hooosaaah" feeling.


That being the theme of the week, there was something else also included in my week. For example on monday there was a nice Karneval show on the airport with alot of different dancers and music. :)
I also went to see our soon new apartment in Ludwigsbourg, and it's great!!! I mean, great as a better than a box on the street.. Its ghetto apartment with MAYBE mold and MAYBE bedbugs there. :D

Looks nice, eh?

When I realised the fact that we are moving into a slum, I had to take some power from the firefighter-elf-beer(it's crazy I know)

I try to make something new every week I'm here in Stuttgart, discover the place more. Today I realized that I haven't been doing anything special this week, than gone to a new grocerystore nearby. So off I went, to further away from the centrum and took the Funicular to Stuttgart's graveyard, it's quite interesting the place where the funicular is, because in Budapest its close to tourist attractions, but here its "far away" from centrum. And the fact is that it goes to a graveyard. :D

a moving wooden cabinet, hooray

Funicular upper station
The funicular was.. well. A german funicular. It is handmade in Esslingen in 1999 by Esslingen Engine Works. Journey on funicular takes about 3-4 minutes /oneway and the funicular leaves every 20 minutes from down to up and from up to down. There are two cars operational.

The cemetry itself was a different story, I found it somekind of interesting. But. In my opinion it was just OK. Here is some pictures from there, some cool graves you can find there, but gotta have the time to search them.

Gladiator style helmet on top of a old "crate", there was no date on it but I think it is really old



Familygrave
There are also some celebrities and well-known persons buried to the cemetry, but their graves werent anything special compared to pictures that are show above. After a nice 1-2 hour spent on the cemetary, I drove back down with the funicular and headed my stomach to a food place, its sunday and it usually means DÖNER-DAY. We had some great döner some time ago with my classmates in the centrum, so I decided to go for the same place again and yeah, it was great.

Big chunk of döner there :D

I meet this cat from time to time near the hostel I live, it likes me, I think so..
Tomorrow is monday and time for school again, hope it will be better now than it was before but. I would not count on it... Another great thing is that I have to film my school project here, it will be my final work so if I have nothing else to do so I can always film something up. I have beeen working on some timelapses recently.


I have learned something new this week about myself, I really like to watch the sun going down, I never thought that I would, but I do. I also like to be alone quite much, I like people and to be able to talk with someone, but I also need time for myself from time to times.

My work look

Thats it folks! Back again next week with something new!

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti