Down to three weeks

Really the time just flies. I have already been here over 1 month and soon it is time to head back home! Well, atleast to Stockholm because at this moment that is the last destination in my tickets and the flight to Oulu has been cancelled, airline has not provided me any new information for the flights, so it might just be that 3 weeks from now I will be sleeping in the stockholm airport. :D

Schlossgarten

But back to this week.

So we had just arrived to the Ludwigsburg accommodation at Saturday and on Sunday we found out that shit is really going down as the place is infested with bedbugs.. :s
We called to the person who is responsible for this place and our school to give a hand while sorting out this problem, since the owner said that there is no problem with bedbugs because there arent any, so he simply was lying about it.

Two of our fellow students had already been living here in Ludwigsburg hostel for couple of weeks before us and they had some bedbug bites on them so we had to do something about it.
On monday we saw the owner and he showed us a place where we can take our stuff to for killing the bedbugs. It was a bedbug oven (that turned out to be defective in the end). It reached a temperature of +48 celsius degrees and the interner says that bedbugs need to be exposed to +120 fahrenheit degrees (roughly about +50 celsius) to kill everything in your stuff.


Fortunately after putting their stuff to the oven girls could move to another room. Actually they moved to "Pilvilinna" to live in the 12th floor with another finnish girl.
After the drama with the bedbugs, we watched some movie with our american and german friends. Movie was not my cup of a tee, but we had good time watching it, and it was more of an social event I think xD

Our huge whitescreen


Whole week just went by in a heart beat. It had some rainy days and actually after monday we were seriously thinking about going back to Finland as soon as possible. The whole "internship" thing could not have gone more into wrong direction. Like this week all we did was this "Suomi project" in the school's internet-cafe. For me it gave me the feeling that we are now "out of sight, out of mind" for our german partner school.

And more amuses me the fact that our school is still thinking about sending more students here! I already feel so so so sorry about those students. Like if we think about it, two of us finnish have already done one internship abroad and that went like superb, but for 4 of us, this is their first and last international internship and this is just full of shit to be honest. I also feel so sorry for my mates, this is not the way to handle it.

Johanneskirche am Feuersee

When the sun finally came out behind the clouds and our minds were not so beaten down by our wrong-gone internship, it was already a friday. And like always I noticed that this weeks "discoveries" had not yet been done so I had to get on with it.

So when I got from school, I had some time before the train was leaving to Ludwigsburg, so I used it to see the nearby Feuerseepark and the Johanneskirche standing in the middle of it.






My kind of entrance!

When I arrived back to my place at Ludwigsburg, The Tower looked so beautiful piece of arcitechture that I just HAD to take picture of it.


And here it is, the mighty tower

Royal entrance

After spending a joyful time at my crib I decided to head out into the wild. To the wild Favoritepark.


WILDPARK ROAR

Long road ahead

a ram

pack of sheeps

a sheep
And thats the wildlife of Favoritepark! I am not kidding. I was expecting a little more thou. :D
After the long walk throught Favoritepark in the other end of the road is standing the Favoriteschloss.








After admiring the Favoritepark I saw the new destination faraway in the horizon. Actually we alreadt did visit the Ludwigsburg Schloss, but only from the inside. So I decided to see the outskirts of it by myself ;)




















After spending quite a much time in the Ludwigsburg Schloss, I headed back home.

On Saturday I wanted to see more, I actually stumpled across this Altstadt in Marbach because my original plan was to go with s-bahn to Marbach (since it is across river Neckar) and see the views there and walk back to Favoritepark. But. I saw a sign that said "Altstadt" and I immidiately changed my plan and went for the Oldtown, which was a good choice.









After visiting the altstadt on Saturday, I found a rewe from there and ended up buying some sweets and grocery from there, went to my place to make some food and so on. In the evening there was "midnight shopping" event in Breuningerland (shopping mall) I checked it out quickly and came back to my place for some beers in our 12th floor, some of our group even went to a bar in Ludwigsburg, but I already had great plans for Sunday(really I just did not feel like going) so I stayed at home.

Because I had said that I have some plans for tomorrow, on Sunday morning I decided do make some plans for myself. Actually the only master plan was to go jogging and during that trip I could maybe see something new, and oh boy I sure did..

Monterepos












Feel the summer!

Gotta admit that I am quite proud of myself. I did lots of great stuff on weekend and used my time so well, saw some really really nice places :)
Just always wondering that is there still something that I havent seen?

Maybe, we will find out next week!!

My friend Joonas is coming from Düsseldorf to Stuttgart on thurstday and we are going to see some places is Stuttgart and also some of the nightlife, but more of that in the next post! bis dann!

0 kommenttia:

Lähetä kommentti